Oct 22, 2012

DESERT BLOOMS

In all my travels you get to see the good and bad in various locations. Having done several desert trips into the heart of our nation, I have seen it so dry that the shimmer off gibber rock gives the impression that there is a mirage in the distance and i can see why people go crazy out there. Well on the other hand I was lucky enough to see the desert in so much bloom that in several creek crossings the flowers were nearly as tall as my car out near Tibboburra in far western NSW.
I know the year was 2010 but I think it will be quite some time before the country gets back to this great phenoninum where you couldn't see the desert rocks for the amount of water and flowers that covered the ground. Sorry there are so many

Enjoy the pics.



































No comments: