Dec 24, 2018

KENDA KLEVER TYRES

A short while I ago It was apparent that l needed new tyres on my old Cruiser. In todays market it’s getting harder and harder to choose. I mean you could go with things like price, reliability, branding ( and the amount of advertising that gets shoved down your throat on those ads ), what tyre shop you go to or even research on the old google. 

The past couple of yours I’ve had some great all-terrains but have decided to switch back to good old muddies. Yep, people have said they will be more noisier, worse for your fuel economy, to aggressive for the road - you know all that blah blah blah…..I know that but they will look bloody great tho !!

Decision time came and I have gone with an American brand called Kendra. ( www.kendatyres.com.au ) . Namely the Kenda Klever MT. KR 29 



Why ?…. around the traps I’ve seen the odd review both here in Aus and in the states and they rate pretty high. The tread is similar to the BF Goodrich and with a 14mm tread depth I am pretty happy. Just three weeks old and there is more hum than the last AT’s, but l’ve found only at a lower tyre pressure ( normally run 36 but at 30 they hum on the tar ). 

Over the next 12 months I’ll be able to share more thoughts and experiences with the tyres across the outback, on sand and long hauls on the blacktop. Around our local area they seem like a tough tyre. One thing I did find is that because of the stiff sidewall, air needs to be dumped considerably for maximum traction. I tried them down at 26 and they did perform better off road, but drop them down to 16 and they are nearly twice as good !!. 

So where did I get them ?
                                       Locally at @Goodguy Tyres and Mechanical, Bay 1/9 Keona Circuit, North Boambee Valley NSW 2450
                                        Give them a call on (02) 6651 4535

From any size, new or sometimes second hand, I wouldn't go anywhere else. 




Keep watching and I’ll keep you posted. I am expecting these will last a few miles !!



No comments: